This NY Times article Newly Married, in Search of a Style features a couple attempting to redecorate their home on a budget. During the renovation and re-design, they face many common organizational and design challenges:
- Incorporating two different design aesthetics.
- Mixing and matching new pieces with hand-me-downs.
- Tough splurge-or-save decisions.
Even if your budget falls far short of the $4,000 the Wootens used (and I would question the "Cheap" term being thrown around with that budget), think about incorporating some of their techniques into your next home organizational project. After all, the main tip from designer Brendan Kwinter-Schwartz was to scale down their furniture and accessories. And that's free!
Here are some tips for clearing clutter out of your home:
- Tips and Tricks to Stop Yourself from Hoarding Clutter
- How to Organize, Store, Swap and Donate Your Books
- 5 Quick Tips for an Organized Closet
[Photo © New York Times]