I actually really enjoy November because it's often gray skies and wintry weather give me a good excuse to just stay indoors and concentrate on my home before the onslaught of the holidays. This is why I save the clothes closet for November: before Thanksgiving, there's not much going on outdoors except some football. This may be one of your most productive times of the year.
Home Organization Project: Kitchens & Holidays
It's probably been since July since we completed a major kitchen overhaul. Dive back in before the holidays to organize cabinets, pantries, appliances and then locate serving dishes and platters that may be needed during the holidays.
Get Organized in the Kitchen:
- Declutter the Kitchen in 20 Minutes a Week
- How to Clean & Declutter Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Declutter Your Kitchen Pantry
- Readers' Tips to Organize for the Holidays
- 15 Ideas for Thanksgiving Planning
- 5 Good Reasons to Send Holiday Cards
- Organize Your Holiday Card Mailing in 4 Steps
- 10 Tips for Holiday Travel
- Holiday Storage Solutions
- 15 Ideas to Simplify Thanksgiving
- 5 Stern-Yet-Fair Holiday Etiquette Tips
- Time-Saving Tips For The Holiday Host
Get Organized in November Checklist___ Thanksgiving is the perfect time to send holiday cards. December tends to get super busy so think about sending your family holiday cards out in time for Thanksgiving and cross it off your list for December. See: 5 Quick Reasons to Send Holiday Cards and How to Organize Your Holiday Cards in 4 Simple Steps.
___ If you haven't already, get your winter clothes out of storage.
___ Set up a system for storing cold-weather gear like hats, mittens and scarves in your entry way for every day use.
- What are you doing on New Year's Eve?
- If you're taking a vacation this winter, now's the time to start researching.
Gifts to Buy / Cards to Send
What's in Season?
- Learn How to Get More Done with a Daily Routine
- Learn How to Simplify Your Family's Meal Plan
- Learn How to Declutter Your Home in 20 Minutes a Day
- Learn How to Store Everything
- Learn How to be Organized
- Learn How Long to Keep Everything
- Learn How to Organize Everything