Holiday cheer, mistletoe, 5 pounds gained in candy consumption -- this is the time of year people tend to throw up their hands and let everything go. This is OK, to a point. Follow our guide to staying on track through the holidays.
Home Organization Project: Clutter & Donations
December's home organization project is to declutter your home. First steps is to figure out why you are holding onto to clutter, and how to stop hoarding, then we will go through each space and declutter. Once done, we'll toss or donate the remains, making room for new items you'll purchase for the holidays. And don't forget, the best way to beat clutter is to have a plan to consistently declutter your home on a weekly basis.
- What is Clutter?
- What is Aspirational Clutter?
- Readers Respond: What is the Biggest Source of Clutter in Your Home?
- 8 Reasons You Have Clutter
- How to Let Go of Clutter
- How to Clear Clutter
- How to Declutter Your Home Room-by-Room
- The Top 10 Sources of Clutter
- How to Organize Cable Clutter
- 5 Tips to Stop Hoarding Clutter
- Cut Clutter with a 30 Minute Organizing Project
- Follow the Weekly Organizing Routine and Declutter for 20 Minutes a Day
- Where How and When to Donate
- How Long to Keep Everything
- 6 Signs It's Time to Donate Clothing
- How to Find a Clothing Donation Center
Get Organized in December Checklist
___Send out those holiday cards as early as possible (Read: 5 Quick Reasons to Send Holiday Cards and How to Organize Your Holiday Cards in 4 Simple Steps)
___Confirm any travel plans a week ahead. This give you enough time to make any necessary changes. (Read: Holiday Travel Tips)
___Hosting this holiday? Read our tips to help you stay on track: Organizing Tips For the Holiday Host
___Brush up on your Holiday Dos and Don'ts.
Gifts to Buy / Cards to Send
- Holiday cards
What's in Season?
- Learn How to Get More Done with a Daily Routine
- Learn How to Simplify Your Family's Meal Plan
- Learn How to Declutter Your Home in 20 Minutes a Day
- Learn How to Store Everything
- Learn How to be Organized
- Learn How Long to Keep Everything
- Learn How to Organize Everything