- What makes the most sense?
- Which order will be the speediest?
- Are there scientific reasons to do one thing before the other?
What order should I pack?
- If you are bringing towels or blankets, drape them over your open suitcase and pack on top of the drape
- One on side pack your shoes, soles facing in
- On the other, toiletry bags, hair dryers, curling irons, and socks
- Roll heavy jackets
- Roll heavy fabrics like denim and corduroy
- Heavy sweaters are light-weight jackets are also rolled
- Lighter fabrics, rolled if possible
- Underwear, hosiery, anything delicate
- Place an empty, light-weight bag to hold laundry
- Fold remaining blanket or towels over the top before zipping up your case or bag
What order should I organize the rooms in my home?
- Entry way
- Living rooms
- Home office
- Linen closet
- Utility closet
- Laundry room
Read more on what order to organize your home.
What order should I prep my skin for bed?
- Retinoids and prescriptions
- Spot treatments (optional)
- Eye cream
What order should I prep my skin for make up?
- Prescription creams
- Eye cream
- Facial moisturizer
- Make Up
What order should I clean in the shower?
- Brush your hair and put your clothes in the hamper before you get in the shower
- Shampoo and rinse
- Soap up
- Shave body hair
- Rinse conditioner
- Towel dry
What order should I meal plan and grocery shop?
- Take inventory of your kitchen (refrigerator, freezer, pantry, cupboard, cabinets)*
- Check your calendar for upcoming events and meals being out of the home, to decide which meals need to be prepared
- Find and choose recipes
- Create a grocery list
- Clear out refrigerator, refrigerator, freezer, pantry, cupboard, and cabinets of any old/spoiled food.*
- Organize coupons, grocery list and schedule time to shop
- Grocery shop
- Execute meal plan, focusing on using vegetables, meat and fresh fruits first.
*These are two very important steps that most people skip. Inventorying and decluttering your kitchen before you plan and shop means you can use up the food you already have on hand, and your new groceries will be stored in a less-cluttered kitchen. It's important to keep your fresh food front-and-center so it is used quickly.Read more on meal planning, grocery shopping and couponing in How to Get Started Meal Planning.