Bathroom clutter happens when:
- You don't have the right storage solutions in place; and/or,
- You need to sort and organize the items in your bathroom.
Below is a collection of tips to curb the clutter in your bathroom through decluterring, organizing and properly store your items.
Linen closets can become very unruly. Stacks of bulky towels, comforters, sheets, pillows and table cloths can become messy. A linen closet can also become a place for I-Don't-Need-This-Now-But-I-May-Some-Day items like extra sheets and towels you no longer use. Tackle these now with the following resources.
- Tidy the linen closet with shelf dividers Shelf Divider Guide
- Take 30 minutes to Organize Your Linen Closet
- Peruse the Linen Closet Peep Show for ideas to organize your linen closet.
Organize the Bathroom Vanity & Medicine Cabinet
Before you begin organizing the medicine cabinet and/or vanity, make sure you read the guide to How Long to Keep for instructions on what and when you should throw something out. Organizing this space is all about decluttering. The medicine cabinet is such a tiny area you really cannot afford to keep anything in there you're not using on a daily, weekly or at least monthly basis.
Using small bins (consider shoe storage bins) to corral items like:
- Hair gel, mouse and spray
- Hand and face towels
- Extra tubes of toothpaste, shaving cream
- Boxes of tissues
Think of anything that doesn't stack well together (example: toothpaste and facial moisturizer) and corral them into a clear, plastic bin.