A comprehensive list of quick and easy closet organization projects your can complete in 10 minutes or less.
1. Go through your closet and sort your hanging clothes by color. Re-fold and stack one group of clothing. Think: gym clothes, sweaters, T-shirts. (See: How to Declutter the Closet)
2. Go through your closet and collect any shoes or boots that need re-soling, cleaning, weather-proofing or stretching and put them in a bag to take to the cobbler. (See: How to Care For Your Shoe Collection)
3. Go through your closet and collect clothes to bring to the tailor.
4. Install some command hooks on the inside of your closet door for jewelry, scarves, hats and other accessories.
5. Lay out your clothes for the next day. I like to hang mine on a valet hook on the inside of my closet door.
6. Match up and pair your socks.
7. Collect shoes and put them back in their rightful place. I have a terrible time keeping my shoes organized so this is one of my main daily organizing tasks (and truth be told, it only takes about 2-3 minutes so you'll have 7 minutes leftover to choose something else on the list). (See: How to Declutter Your Shoe Collection)
8. Fashion a donation box and install it in or near your closet. I relish attacking my closet once a month and taking shopping bags full of clothes down to the local donation center. For some people though, it's very, very difficult to part with even one item, having a donation box at the bottom of your closet means you can ever-so-slowly begin editing your closet rather than assaulting it with a take-no-prisoners purge. A donation box doesn't have to be fancy. Any old cardboard you have lying around the house will do. (See: How To Break the Hoarding Habit and When to Donate Clothes)
9. Go through your closet and move the most-worn items to the easiest-to-reach location.
10. Plan your outfit for an upcoming special event. Think: weddings, dates, parties, BBQs, holidays.
Home Organization in 10 Minutes or Less
A room-by-room list of tasks to complete when you have 10 minutes to spare walking around your home. Sometimes I really prefer to wander aimlessly and tackle the different spaces I see.