These tools can be used to store your holiday decor, gift wrap, trees, and all manner of cheer in your basement or attic. I have chosen products that fit my top storage requirements: space-saving, durable and budget-friendly.
It's worth it to invest is high-quality storage products for holiday decorations because you'll be using them year-after-year for a lifetime.Additional resources: How to Get Organized for the Holidays
Storage 101 | How to Store Everything | Home Storage by Room
Baking supply storage
In How to Store Everything in the Kitchen, I recommend two options for storing baking sheets and pans. For holiday baking, you will be storing more specialized items like cookie cutters, piping bags, and holiday-themed tins.
For storing these items, I go back to my tried-and-true method of creating project bins. This way you can easily retrieve your holiday-themed bake-ware without it crowding out your everyday cooking supplies.
Christmas tree storage
Figurines, tchotchkes & baubles storage
- Advent calendars
- Any type of specialty candle holder
- Snow globes
Gift wrap storage
Holiday card list storage
Holiday card storage
Holiday light storage
Raise your hand if you think this is the worst part of holiday storage. You're right! It's so frustrating I actually forgot to include how to store Christmas lights when I first worked on this list. Luckily I discovered a simple solution: cord wraps.Cord wraps do exactly what they say they'll do, they allow you to wrap the lights around a specially-sized piece of plastic making the lights easier to store in a plastic bin, and easier to un-ravel next year. Check it out here: holiday light cord wraps. Bonus, they are super affordable.
- Wing-Lid Ornament Storage Box is classic and easy to use.
- Corrugated Ornament Storage Trays are stack-able so you can customize them the number of ornaments you need to store.
- This Ornament Storage Box with Dividers is fitted with dividers so each ornament has it's very own space.
- Archival Ornament Storage means you can safely store ornaments (of the same shape) for several years in these boxes, and the corners are fitted with metal to make them extra-sturdy.
- This Ornament Storage Bin is like the Granddaddy of ornament storage: it will fit a ton of ornaments and protect them from the elements in your attic, basement or garage.