The Bottom Line
- Side-emptying basket
- Shreds 12 pages at a time
- Shreds credit cards, staples and small paper clips
- Ability to shred mixed paper product at the same time
- Cross cut action helps to prevent identity theft
- The Fellowes P-12c is capable of shredding 12 sheets of paper at once.
- The Safe Sense technology automatically shuts off the machine if a hand (or pet) touches the opening to the shredder.
- Cross-cutting blades mean the paper is even harder to identify after shredding.
- Side-emptying basket is a nice bonus and easy to use.
Guide Review - Review Fellowes P-12C Cross-Cut Shredder with SafeSense
After a long search for the perfect shredder, I think I finally found my Mr. Right in the Fellowes P-12C Cross Cut. It has all three things I look for in a shredder:
- Handles credit cards without jamming;
- Shreds staples and (small) paper clips; and,
- Ability to shred of mixture of paper products at once.
My highly scientific test involved sending the following items into the shredder together:
- 4 sheets of notebook paper
- 2 3x5 note cards,
- 2 business cards
- 1 greeting card
- 2 envelopes
In practice, this is how most home offices work: you shred a handful of mixed paper documents at once and you don't want to have to sort paper types or remove staples.