Organizing your grocery shopping trip can be overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. By adopting a few simple strategies, your grocery shopping trip can be easy and stress-free.
Time Required: 1-2 hours
- Keep a grocery list, preferably the magnetic kind, on your refrigerator. As soon as you run out of an item, be sure to mark it down on the list. By keeping a running list, it will help you avoid impulse purchases or waste time at the grocery store wondering what you need.
- Keep like items grouped together on your grocery shopping list, this will speed up the process when going down the grocery aisles.
- Avoid going to the grocery store on an empty stomach. When you are hungry and grocery shopping, it can lead to impulse purchases, because your stomach may talk louder than your judgment. This will help save you time and money.
- Always look for the best date, and be sure to ask the employees if you can't find the best date. Your food will last longer and it will help save time between shopping trips.
- If you are sticking to a budget, try to keep a running total in your mind so that you are not in for a big suprise at the cashier.
- If you are on the shorter side like I am, it helps to be accompanied by someone taller who can easily reach the high shelves. Otherwise, you can ask one of the employees to help you.