There is no one "right" way to store kitchen appliances. Your organizing and storage scheme will depend on what type of cook you are, which appliances you use regularly and the size of your kitchen cabinet storage space.
That noted, following these guidelines will make appliance storage for any cook, in every kitchen, a bit easier.
Sort and declutter kitchen appliances
I like a clean and clear kitchen counter top as much as the next person, but don't be afraid to store some of your most-often-used appliances front and center on on your counter top. Kitchen organization is all about making your cabinets, pantry, refrigerator and appliances functional.
If you use an appliance daily, store it where you use it, on the counter top.
Organize your kitchen appliances
For regular readers of this site, you'll know what those steps are:
- Pare Down
- Arrange by Category
- Maintain the Organization
Do plan to toss or store some of your less-used appliances, especially one-note pieces like panini presses and rice cookers.
Kitchen appliance storage solutions
- As always, measure, measure, measure so when you buy a storage solution, you can have confidence it will fit.
- Don't buy something new if you can re-purpose something old. Example: If you can use a shelf divider to fit small appliances into a cabinet, don't buy a fancy new gadget to do the same job.
- 5 Best Kitchen Storage Solutions
- How to Store Everything in Your Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Store Everything in the Kitchen
How to Store Everything
How to store everything in your home, office, and storage spaces.