Simple and efficient kitchen cabinet organizers make your life easier by providing some built-in organization to kitchen cabinets. They will assist you in grouping like items together (one of the basic goals of organizing anything), and make things easier to see and reach. However, don't go overboard: simple and efficient also means streamlined.The trick is to add in helpful items, not add in more "stuff" just for the sake of organization. Test these products, mix and match and decide which make your life easier and which just take up space.
7. Turntables to organize spices, condiments and more
Also called a cabinet dolly or a Lazy Susan, these allow you to store small objects and view them without having to take your entire spice collection out of the cabinet to find the cumin. A turntable is great for storing the following:
- Oils and vinegars
The double stainless steel turntable, pictured left, is available at the Container Store.
6. Pan dividers to organize and store both pans and cutting boards
5. Shelf dividers to organize food
4. Under shelf baskets are a good organizer for kitchen linens
3. Spice rack organizers keep spices grouped together
Spices can easily become unwieldy and may start to take over your cabinets. This is because we buy new spices as recipes call for them and rarely finish a complete bottle--at least I don't (with the exception of Penzy's Fox Point, I always finish that). I recommend a spice rack with graduated shelving so you can see each spice without having to touch every jar. Recommendation: the very simple and attractive Linus spice organizer pictured at left.
2. Cup and stemware organizers make them easier to reach
Hanging mugs and tea cups may also add a nice decorative tough to your kitchen.
1. Roll-out storage is the most useful kitchen cabinet organizer
The downside? The apparatus will take up a little bit of room in each cabinet cutting down on storage space.