Kitchen organization, according to Lisa Zaslow of Gotham Organizers in New York City, is one of the more manageable tasks in organizing a home. “Think about it,” says Lisa, “no one ever lays down a fork in the cupboard; it goes in the utensil drawer.” Kitchens do offer a lot of ready-made organization: frozen items go in the freezer, pans go with pans, and knives go with knives.
That doesn’t mean you can't learn to organize your kitchen in a more efficient way. Here are the best tips and tricks for organizing everything from spices to recipes.
Sometimes you don't have time to do a complete kitchen overhaul, and that's when kitchen tips, time savers and quick organizing ideas come in. Set the timer and quickly organize an area in your kitchen.
Kitchen Ideas, Tips and Time Savers
A pantry can quickly become a catch-all for food and cleaning products that do not have a proper storage space. Use this organizing guide to get your pantry in order.
More About Kitchen Pantry Organization:
- How to Organize a Kitchen Pantry
- 5 Best Kitchen Storage Solutions
- How to Choose and Install Kitchen Pantry Storage Solutions
- How to Maintain Kitchen Pantry Organization
- How to Declutter Your Kitchen Pantry
- How to Organize Your Kitchen Pantry by Grouping Like Items
- How a Magazine Editor Organizes His Kitchen Pantry
- Pictures of Super Organized Kitchens
Enroll in Kitchen Cabinets 101 and learn how to organize your cabinet quickly and efficiently. The key is to not allow your kitchen cabinets become a catch-all for things you're not sure where else to store. Kitchen Cabinet Resources:
- Why You Should Organize Your Kitchen Cabinets Today
- Organizing Tips for Kitchen Cabinets
- 5 Steps to Organize Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Super Efficient Kitchen Cabinet Organizers
- How to Declutter Kitchen Cabinets
- Declutter Kitchen Cabinets in 30 Minutes a Week
- How to Maximize Kitchen Cabinet Storage
- How to Store Everything in Your Kitchen Cabinets
- What Not to Store in Kitchen Cabinets
If you're stumped when it comes to meal planning, give it another try with the following resources:
Kitchen Storage + Kitchen Storage Solutions
Free up counter space for chopping and kneading with these easy and affordable kitchen storage solutions.
Hint: Many of these tips utilize things you already have in your kitchen.
Kitchen Appliance Organization + Kitchen Appliance Storage
My number one tip for organizing a kitchen is to cut down on the amount of appliances you keep on hand.
Furthermore, try to limit the amount of appliances that only have one use. Example: A blender can juice fruit, blend smoothies, thin soups and act as a basic food processor, while a rice cooker is really just a one-trick pony. As always be realistic, unless you're whipping up a batch of homemade waffles each weekend, do you really need a waffle maker taking up valuable cabinet space?
Unless you're using it regularly, store little-used appliances in your basement or on a very high shelf, or donate them out of your house.
Holiday Meal Planning, Organization & Etiquette
Hosting a holiday or large dinner party involves a lot of organization. Choosing a main dish or dishes, planning sides, extending invitations, choosing decorations and scheduling the big meal requires a great deal of pre-planning and organizing on the part of the host. Here, readers share their “Dos” and “Don'ts” for hosting a successful party.