On the following pages, we've cataloged bright ideas for students of all ages to stay on track in school. From packing lunches to finding a quiet, uncluttered space to study, these school tips can be applied to students from daycare to college.
School Tips for All Students
- Locate, declutter and plan a quiet place to study and complete homework before school begins.
- Organize a project bin for studying with everything you'll need ahead of time (notepads, pencils, pens, highlighters, note cards, binders, stapler, etc.)
- Have a calendar and plot out when assignments are due and include your own milestones for large assignment completion. Having a "big picture" look will help you stay motivated and beat procrastination.
- Establish a routine of studying or working on homework the same time, same place every day. This will help you to stay focused as your brain will be thinking "OK, I'm in my homework nook, at 3 p.m., I need to focus on homework"
- Time yourself when studying and learn other trick on how to focus.
- Learn to take really good notes.
Get Organized for School
Tips, tricks and guides so the whole family can be organized for school.