The 5 Steps to Home Organization
1. Commit to home organization.
The commitment to home organization is a huge motivating factor. Once you've decided to have a more organized home, the delcuttering, sorting, goruping, storing and maintaing your home organization will be easier, because you have a goal in mind: home organization.
When you're deeping into the declutteirng phase, it's hugley motivational to think about how this room or space will look once you're done. Make the committment.
2. Declutter before you organize.
- Trash and junk, like things you meant to toss, shred or recycle that never made it out of your house;
- Things you never use but are taking up valuable real estate; and,
- Items that no longer fit into your lifestyle, like jeans you haven't worn in 5 years or your old treadmill you never run on
3. Grouping and sorting for home organization.
Now that you've decluttered, it't ime to start organizing your remaining items. This will involve the following:
- Grouping "like" items together;
- Sorting clothes, furniture and appliances by season; and,
- Creating groups based on use: daily / regularly / rarely
4. Give everything a home through storage.
Storing your items will involve:
- Assessing your storage space;
- Learning how to store specific items; and then
- Choosing the right storage solutions.
This is really the key to keeping up your home organization: if you have a specific place for everything in your home you will successfully cut down on clutter, and know exactly where to find things when you need them.
5. Maintain your home organization.
Finally, you've got to maintain your home organization so you don't have to keep starting from scratch. In this guide you will learn how to follow:
- 10 Minute Home Organization Projects
- 30 Minutes Home Organization Projects
- Daily Home Organization
- Weekly Organizing
- Monthly Organizing Calendar
Follow the Home Organization Routines.