- Toss: Shoes beyond repair, or shoes you haven't worn in over a year.
- Keep: You love them, you need them and you wear them regularly.
- Maybe:The ones you're oddly attached to and can't bear to part with.
If you're still hoarding shoes, I've compiled a list questions to ask yourself 6 Signs It's Time to Donate Clothes and Shoes.
Options for Shoes in the "Toss" and "Maybe" Piles:
- Cobbler: Cobblers can mend heels, recondition linings and re-sole just about any pair of shoes. More about How to Use a Cobbler.
- Donate: Many charities will gladly take your shoes. Find a donation center Where to Donate
- Swap: They may not have fit you perfectly or exactly gone with the outfit you thought they would, but your "maybe" might be a friend's new perfect pair.